At Idaho Horse Rescue, we have a team of dedicated and caring volunteers who work behind the scenes to ensure we are touching as many lives as possible. From marketing to events to grant-writing, our volunteers are the backbone of the Rescue and we couldn’t do it without them.
Submit an application to become a part of this generous network of invaluable volunteers.
(Please note we are not accepting volunteers to work directly with the horses at our facility at this time. If you are interested in this program in the future, please fill out an application and select the appropriate options.)
How do I apply?
- Fill out an online application.
- Check your email! We will send you more information after we receive your application.
- Join Trello and Slack (links included in the email). This is how we organize projects and communicate with volunteers.
- Find the orientation video on Slack or attend our virtual orientation on the second Thursday of every month at 6pm.
What sort of commitment is involved?
- There is no time commitment at this time. Because of the project-based nature of our volunteer opportunities, all we ask is that volunteers complete a project they claim and communicate with IHR about progress.
Who can volunteer?
- We accept volunteers of all experience levels.
- Independent volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers can be located anywhere in the United States as most of our programs are virtual.
What do volunteers do?
- Online and social media marketing
- Event planning
- Graphic design
- Blog writing
- Administrative tasks
- Education and advocacy
- Corporate sponsorships