“No one can do EVERYTHING but, everyone can do SOMETHING” – unknown
At Idaho Horse Rescue, we have a team of dedicated and caring volunteers who work hard to aid us in fulfilling our mission. They have turned their passion into action and continue to make our programs possible. From marketing to fundraising to physical labor, our volunteers are the backbone of Idaho Horse Rescue and we couldn’t do it without them.
When you submit your online application, we get a great feel for your interests, abilities & preferences. It makes it easier for us to create groups for specific projects. Some of our volunteer opportunities are almost entirely virtual while others require a bit of collaborating.
(Please note; we are not accepting volunteers to work directly with the horses at our facility at this time. If you are interested in this program in the future, please fill out an application and select the appropriate options.)
How do I apply?
- Fill out an online application.
- Check your email! We will send you more information after we receive your application including links to join our volunteer community.
- Join Trello! It provides us with a platform for organizing our administrative project needs.
- Join Slack! It is similar to Messenger & provides a way to communicate with our volunteers, share links & projects in a group format.
- Watch the orientation video on Slack
What sort of commitment is involved?
- We require no time commitments. The project-based nature of our volunteer opportunities, asks only that volunteers complete a project if they claim it and communicate with IHR about progress. We also request you track your time invested & report it. Volunteer tracking is expected by some corporate & foundation grant makers.
Who can volunteer?
- We accept volunteers of all experience levels.
- Independent volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers can be located anywhere in the United States as most of our programs are virtual.
- Corporate/community volunteer groups are most welcome & simply need to arrange details through the volunteer coordinator, Carol Moore via email firstname.lastname@example.org or ph 208.938.2358
What do volunteers do?
- Online and social media marketing
- Event planning
- Graphic design
- Blog writing
- Administrative tasks
- Education and advocacy
- Corporate community relations
- Barn improvements & stable maintenance